Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kitchen Nightmare



So let me preface this by saying that I don't like chocolate-chip cookies. I know, I know, but remember I'm not an American. 

So when Cameron asked me to bake chocolate-chip cookies, his favorite (he IS an American, after all), I felt like I couldn't refuse. I mean, I had Dorie to keep me right. Right?
 

Maybe it's because they aren't one of my favorites anyway, or maybe it's because the recipe was slightly off, who knows.
 


I used the recipe from "Baking: From My Home to Yours," and followed the directions to the tee. Unfortunately the first batch was overdone, and the second, even though I put it in the oven for two minutes less, was a bit dry and crunchy too. I like my cookies soft and gooey, which is why oatmeal raisin are my all-time faves, and although these tasted just OK (the salted peanuts I added really made them for my husband, and made them almost palatable to me), I don't think I'll be making them again.
 

By the way, Cameron wouldn't even eat them! That's 3-year-olds for ya.

No comments: