Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wii? Oui!


It arrived today. Our Nintendo Wii, in all its shiny, white plastic glory. 

In true mom style, it took me about an hour to hook it all up properly, but after that, I was batting, bowling, boxing and hitting like a true athlete. 

Awesome.

Here are a few observations: 
  • In the baseball there's a player called Silke. This is the name of my best friend from high school in Edinburgh. The animated Silke even looks like my Silke, although my Silke has the most beautiful green eyes you've ever seen.
  • A little unnerving that even if you play a female character in the boxing, your attacker is a guy. And a guy that looks like a WWF wrestler, for that matter. I felt like I should be calling the cops.
  • You can play tennis even if you are shit at tennis. I haven't had a good service since 1989--that all changed today!
  • I am much better at bowling than I thought.


No comments: