Thursday, May 1, 2008

WHAT'S IN A NAME?


When I was a kid, in the late '70s, there was an American TV show that we got in the U.K. called "The Red Hand Gang." It was about a rag-tag gang of little kids who, along with their dog Boomer, solved crimes and generally seemed to have a pretty good time. I watched "The Red Hand Gang" every Saturday morning during its short run, and I loved it.

In fact, I loved this show so much that when I was in college and my pal Louise and I got BMXs to kick about on and were deciding on a name for our gang I thought that the Red Hand Gang would be an awesome name. She tweaked it a little to Pink Hand Gang, since we were girls and all. 

And a few years ago, when I decided to start making kids' t-shirts and baby items I thought that Pink Hand Gang would be a perfect name for my business. 

And now, it's the name of my blog.


No comments: