Monday, May 12, 2008

Joy of Baking



Thanks to my new favorite blog, from Joy the Baker, I did some baking this afternoon after the boys and myself woke from a nap.
 
I'd seen these Lemon Whoopie Pie cookies on Joy's website and just HAD to try them. I LOVE lemon-flavored cakes and biscuits, and I'd had these on my mind since I'd first seen the photos. They came out really well. Don't they look good? Well, they are delicious, and I urge you to try them out. Mmmmm.
 
I used my favorite baking tool to make these--Andrew's old General Electric food mixer, circa God-knows-when. Works great!

2 comments:

Jule said...

Ewa,
These lemon whoopies are fantastic!! Just the right amount of sour and sweet. Perhaps not unlike a certain robot-obsessed boy? I am definitely making these... they are even better than the original chocolate whoopies, which come from the Amish, I think. Joy the Baker improves on the Amish. What can't she do?

Unknown said...

hi ewa, practically your whole blog is about food! manit looks good too, the colours are great. i went fishing on monday after work with niamhs dad - he had neve been before, and i caught 5 fish - 4 pollack, although i threw 2 back as they were only wee, and one massive mackerel, its was huge. i was so delighted, plus a good way of impressing niamh's dad! so i've had fish for the last 3 nights for dinner, infact on sunday we had salmon so 4 nights - so i feel my brain getting bigger from all the omega 3. but man, it feels great to catch your own food and cook it and stuff, i was so chuffed. will try and get out again at the weekend, the mackerel is the best, fresh out of water, gut and cleanand under the grill, yum yum...