Friday, May 2, 2008

Wii? Non


So Andrew and I decided just before Christmas that we were going to forgo our usual gifts and get a Nintendo Wii system together. That may seem pretty surprising to anyone who knows us--we're hardly the video game type--but we're excited about the Wii. It looks like wicked good fun, and we are looking forward to becoming proficient bowlers (watch out, Peter and Celeste! Duck pin bowling will never look the same). That is, if we can find one of these bloody things. 

Today, after five months of searching and keeping an eye on Wii trackers on the Web, I finally found out that Toys 'R' Us had them in stock online. Oh, what a frenzy trying to find my credit card before it was too late. But I managed to place an order before the SOLD OUT sign came up. 

I thought I had the Wii in the bag until I checked my email later and found a message from Toys 'R' Us saying that the Wii was on back-order. Back-order??? WTF? Didn't I just buy one?
Apparently, it'll be sent out when they have them back in stock. 

Hmmm. I thought they were in stock when I placed an order earlier today. 

Something fishy is going on, and I feel like it's no wonder that I never shop at Toys 'R' Us. Boo hiss big box stores!

1 comment:

Anya Hamilton said...

Hey, I TOTALLY do not believe that you 2 are suckers for that rubbish. It is a total con to stop you going outside and enjoying bowling the proper way! Good grief!

(wee aside: [uncomfortable cough, cough] however I am rather curious about it so maybe I shall have a go when I see you. hee hee hee!:) ) Good luck in finding one!